Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Countdown Begins...#25

When I started this blog, my idea was to give you my personal insight into the Arizona Wildcats, sports, and the world in general. While I am not interviewing athletes (yet) I am pretty confident in what I am providing, and I would like to think that you the reader has gained a lot from reading my thoughts. Furthering this notion, I would like to shed light on members of the 2009 Arizona Wildcats football team that I think have earned it. The following is a list that includes superstars, walk-ons, future pros, and guys that I hold in high regard from personal experience. The goal is to make watching Arizona football a richer, more beautiful thing than it already is. Lets get started.


Coming in at #25 is Colin Baxter.Wearing number 64, Colin is a junior offensive lineman from Rolling Hills, California, on the Palos Verdes Penninsula. As a freshman in 2007, he beat out returning starter Daniel Borg and hasn't looked back. He brings an old school nastiness to the PAC-10. Baxter is the type of guy that plays right until the whistle blows, putting the team before himself every single play. An offensive line needs a mean streak, and Baxter continues to provide that from both guard and center. I fully expect him to contend for All Conference honors when the season concludes, and as a senior in 2010 All-American consideration wouldn't shock me either. While he isn't my absolute favorite player on the team, this is a guy any football fan will get a kick out of watching. Look out for #64 this season.



Keep reading for further information on PAC-10 teams, Arizona recruits, and some other things that have been on my mind lately. I realize that I have readers across the country and not all of you are die hard Arizona fans, so stand by as I have some stuff coming with you in mind. Always real

1 comment: